Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More new scrapbook pages :)

Oh! I had to laugh when I saw my reflection inthe back of the mirror of Jeff’s Old Ford Pickup truck! What a hoot!

Some times you feel like a nut... some times you don't... I guess I was feeling a little nutty tonight! This just tickled me! This was my texture photo for today by the way!

I have to give a great big shout out to Kathie Woolery for this wonderful Quick Page from her Totally Grungy Contribution to the Club Deco Mega Kit from Feb. 2008! Was this perfect for my photo or what! LOL! Thanks so much Kathie!

Some photographers take reality...and impose the domination of their own thought and spirit. Others come before reality more tenderly and a photograph to them is an instrument of love and revelation. - Ansel Adams This is a quick page that I created using my new kit ... Quilted With Love... it will be in the store soon. The quick page is showing some photos of texture I took for the June Photography Challenge. We are having so much fun with this challenge, if you have not joined us yet, please come to the forum to see what it's all about!

Well, it happened again... Every time, I tell myself I won't let it... but here I am again... in need of some serious attention! Time to break out the bottle of hair color that has been sitting in my hall closet for weeks, and then head over to the salon to get my hair cut!
I was playing around with a new technique I found in a book at the library to make photos have a soft focus Effect... believe me... you ARE VERY happy I applied it to this photo! You would have run from the screen in fear had you seen how bad I really look! LOL! After I get my hair colored and cut, I will take another photo, and share a tutorial on how to do this effect if you are interested.

I used the Quick Page by Mary Ridgeway from the Mother's Day Mega Kit for Club Deco Members, May 2008. Thank you for the wonderful page Mary!
I love the textures in the Angel I have in my back yard. I used a frame by Carol Rupley from the Totally Grungy kit for Club Deco Feb 2008. I love the way this turned out.

I took these photos of Matthew on his last day of school for the 7th grade. How this year went by really fast!
I used the Quick Page by Theta from the Totally Grungy Mega Kit for Club Deco Members Feb. 2008 Check the store ... Did you know that our designers sell their contributions to the Club Kits! So once they are not a featured kit for the Club, they go on sale by the individual designer!



Today was a very special day for you Matthew! Not only was it your last day of school for the 7th grade, but it was also your CAST-AWAY party at the doctors office! I know you could not wait to get your cast off! You were so lucky that you only had to wear your cast for three weeks! But I know it seemed like a long time when it was sweaty and itchy! Boy did that ever smell bad when they took it off!

ok, I am pulling your leg... but it looked like snow!This is a quick page by CAZ from the Totally Grungy kit! It was just perfect for this!


Yesterday, I had to be back at the office at 2pm to meet with a guy coming to look at the computers for an upgrade, but I was done with my work their at noon, so I went to the library to take up some time... on the way there I had my eye out for some texture, when I saw this entrance way! I could not believe my luck, the brick with the black iron was just fantatic... and what a piece of art! I think this building should be an art studio, not a dental implant center!Paris Designs Quick Page from the Totally Grungy kit was just perfect for this page! I love the way it turned out!

After seeing the photo my Mom had taken and printed when she was in college, I was inspired to host the photography challenge at Deco-Pages again this month. I have been having so much fun taking photos of all kinds of things, from the bottom of the bird-bath in the back yard, to the broken stone work on the front of the house. I can hardly wait to see what will catch my eye tomorrow! I used the Totally Grungy Kit Contribution by Kathie Woolery for this page. Thank you Kathie, your contribution to the Totally Grungy kit was just perfect for all these grungy textures I took photos of today!

I walked around the yard today looking for textures for the new Photography Challenge at Deco-Pages. As I was taking photos, I was amazed to see flowers that I had not seen just the day before. I know they are just weeds... but God put them here, and I realized that I was very blessed to see them.
I think it is important to stop and look around once in a while. I am far too busy these days. I try to fit so much into the day, and although I am busy all the time, I sometimes feel like I have not gotten a single thing accomplished. Is it really going to matter in 100 years if I got that ad done, or folded the laundry, or dropped off that payment at the gas company? The flowers don’t care... they just keep blooming and wanting to be seen and admired.I am so happy that I got to see these little beauties today. What a gift I was given.
I used this wonderful Quick Page by Michaele Burkhart from the Club Deco Mega Kit - Garden Party for my page... I love the way it turned out! Thank you so much Michaele!
This is one of the photos my Mom took several years ago when she was taking photography classes in college that inspired the June 2008 Photography Challenge... Please come and participate in the challenge, you can find out all about it in the forum....http://board.deco-pages.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3855



This is what I did with the Quick Page I created for you all with the Garden Party kit for Club Deco Members. If you are a Club Deco Member, you can download this Quick Page in the download area of the forum. If you are not a Club Deco Member, there are several options now for joining that Club. You can join for 1 month, 3 months or the Annual Membership! All great deals! Please join us! You will love the Club!


Here is the recipe for the Strawberry Cream Trifle. Sorry, I am too lazy to type it today, but if you can't read it, you can visit it in the gallery at Deco-Pages and read it without problem... Here is the link to the page...

http://board.deco-pages.com/showphoto.php/photo/21459/cat/500/ppuser/3/sl/d

My friend Andi and her Mom hosted a Pampered Chef Party today and invited me. It was really fun, and we had very YUMMY Treats! The Pampered Chef Consultant is in the photo with the dessert, and my friend Andi and her Mom are in the other photo.I am going to do another page with the recipe for the dessert on it. I used the Quick Page by Mary Ridgeway from Totally Grungy Mega Kit for Club Deco Members Feb. 2008

No comments: